Saturday, June 16, 2012

Yankee Candle Summer Love: True Crush

Summer isn't close to being over (thank god!), but our foray into Yankee Candle's Summer Love Limited Edition summer range is.  I don't know if I should be upset about this or not; it's like in Grease at the end of the summer when Danny and Sandy have to say goodbye.  They're sad to part ways, but yet ready for the summer to be over and for a new adventure to begin.  Oh, the complexities of life!

Anyway, we needn't worry about that today!  Instead, let's see if our summer love is a True Crush. 

When I opened the yellow hued candle I was instantly hit with a wall of fragrance.  Robust; citrus; aromatic; citronella; limoncello.  There is a lot going on with this cold throw and I have to admit that it isn't very pleasing.  The scent is almost like a lemon drop candy gone very wrong.  I'm sure you're not surprised to know that I didn't have high hopes for its hot throw.

But I can't always be right!  When I went into my testing room to see how True Crush fared in use I found something quite unexpected.  The character of the fragrance hadn't completely changed, but a soft and sweet scent pervaded throughout the space.  The 'lemon drop gone wrong' notes of the cold throw morphed to become something quite citrus-y sweet.  It is very enjoyable indeed.

Since it's the weekend (and if you have a husband that likes to shop on a Sunday like mine), take a gander around a Yankee Candle store and investigate the three variants in the Summer Love range: First Kiss, Loves Me Lots, and True Crush.  But remember, if you smell True Crush and think 'ew, gross',  don't be put off!  Purchase that candle and give it a chance.  You'll be pleasantly surprised at what Summer Love's True Crush will turn into!


Have you tried this scent?  Do you love it, do you hate it?  Make sure to leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!