Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Hawaiian paradise in your home

Shhh. C'mere! I've got a secret to tell you! OK, maybe it isn't that big of a secret, but I thought it was time to tell you the truth. You ready? 'Cause here it is: I am a Costco addict. Food, furniture, electronics, eye glasses, pots, pans, hangers.  You name it, I buy it. Which is why you can't be surprised when I was taking my daily peruse of my favorite warehouse and I got something for you! Well, maybe it was a little for me, too.

Photo from
paradisecandlesofhawaii.com
On my way to the vegetable area to get my 5lb bag of fresh spinach, I was distracted by a simple, unassuming display of candles. Never one to pass up a chance to check out new products, I scuttled over and began smelling the enchanting scents of Paradise Candles of Hawaii.  Made in the USA, these tropical scented soy candles had fantastic cold throws and attractive natural wood containers. Not yet a millionaire, there was no way I could buy a sample of each variant, so after a long debate between Coco-Mango, Gardenia of the Gods, Fruit Stand Wipeout, and Kona Coffee, I opted for Green Tea and Ginger. It's subtle sweet-apricot-ginger-freshness kept me coming back, and was what won its place in my shopping cart.

So, now I have to be honest with you (again). I haven't properly had a chance to evaluate this candle because I used it. I used it and it's all gone. That's how wonderful this candle was - I loved it so much I didn't even get the chance to share it with you. Please forgive me!

What I can tell you is the hot throw of Green Tea and Ginger was just as magnificent as the cold throw. In use, its slightly-sweet-apricot-ginger-freshness filled the space of my large open floor plan (with vaulted ceilings!), and when unlit its fragrance gently filled the air that surrounded it. The website states the candles are scented with 'premium quality oils and fragrances' and there is absolutely no doubting this!

I hope you can forgive me for indulging so shamelessly in this wonderful candle, but if you got your hands on one I'm sure you'd do the same!

Have you tried this scent? Do you love it, do you hate it? Make sure to leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!