Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Naked Bee

A gift!  A gift!  I've been given a gift!  A friend was wandering around a shop checking out their inventory when she came across something she thought I'd love.  The next time I saw her she excitedly presented me with it:  The Naked Bee Orange Blossom Honey Moisturizing Hand & Body Lotion.

I looked quizzically at the spartan packaging of the brown pump bottle as she enthusiastically jumped around.  "You have to use it right now and tell me what you think it smells like," she encouraged.  I shrugged my shoulders, took a small amount of the 70% certified organic product, massaged it into my hands, and indulged in its scent.

She insisted on immediately knowing what I thought.  "Smarties!" I replied, suddenly craving the childhood candy.  But she disagreed, pulling out something from her cupboard.  "It is completely PEZ," the mother of two PEZ-loving kids argued, handing me a full dispenser.  As I munched away I agreed with her that it definitely had PEZ aromatics, but I still favored the overall smell to be Smarties-esque.

As the debate continued, I kept reapplying the lotion because those sweet, loud, nostalgic top notes quickly quietened (though did not completely disappear) to reveal a warmth in the heart.  It mellowed the candy top notes and enriched them to reveal a bouquet of citrus, soft floral, and honey.  It's a clean and comforting scent, as well as The Naked Bee's best selling variant!

The debate still continues, PEZ or Smarties, but it doesn't really matter because it's a fabulous fragrance (in a great lotion)!

Have you tried this scent?  Do you love it, do you hate it?  Make sure to leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!