Tuesday, April 24, 2012

BBW Lip Jewels Liplicious Lip Gloss: Glittering Cola

We're getting all sparkly this week with lip glosses from Bath and Body Works!  But, to be quite frank with you, Lip Jewels was not the lip gloss I was hoping to review today.  My ideal product would have been the new summer line of sorbet lip glosses (see right), but my nearest BBW was all sold out (boohoo).  So, I guess we'll have to be sparkly instead of sorbet-like.  Life could be worse.


This spring BBW launched new variants in their Lip Jewels Liplicious line.  There are five variants in total, of which three will be reviewed at Scents n Scentsibility.  The remaining variants are Crystal Candy and Iced Raspberry .

As this is a fragrance blog, I'll make no comment about the color, texture, or longevity of the gloss, but believe you me, I'll let you know about the scent!

tasty bottle cap candies!
Today's Liplicious Lip Jewel lip gloss is Glittering Cola.  The scent that immediately pops out as you bring the gloss to your lips is bottle cap candy.  Amazing what scent memories can do - I'm instantaneously transported back to childhood!

Then, when the gloss hits your lips it suddenly has aromas of Trident bubble gum.  These notes almost instantaneously mix and move to sit softly at the back, though.

As the gloss sits on the lips there is a faint scent of cola combined with a root beer-aniseed sweetness.  Disappointingly the scent-flavor is not dosed very strongly and underneath it you can easily pick out the neutral-plastic-y base of the gloss.

It's not the strongest smelling, nor lasting, lip gloss I have ever owned, but it is definitely something fun to have in the make-up drawer for when the nieces come to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!