Sunday, July 15, 2012

Yankee Candle Fall 2012: Season's Blessings

I love that purple is the color of Season's Blessings, the next variant in our search for the best new fall fragrance from Yankee Candle.  Really, how often do you see a rich and sumptuous plum colored candle?  Not too often, which has got Yankee earning some brownie points!

Season's Blessings is a scent targeted at oriental-woody lovers.  The cold throw is an intricate mixture of berry, clove, and cardamom.  This sweet-spicy concoction is not at all food-y in nature, but is rather complex and enticing due to its base note of dry cedarwood.

In use, it is immediately apparent that the fragrance has lost a lot of its original strength.  A waxiness comes through and distracts away from the fruity sweet-spicy-woody tinged notes that should be taking center stage.  It is a shame that this happens because the scent would otherwise be warmly intoxicating!

The hot throw of Season's Blessing has really let this fragrance down, which is unfortunate because the cold throw implied it would be an aroma abundant in opulent notes.  Oh well, maybe we'll have better luck with the others!


Have you tried this scent?  Do you love it, do you hate it?  Make sure to leave a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to buy this candle reading the first half of your description - but I think I'll pass based on how weak the scent is while burning. Bummer - thanks for saving me money and disappointment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem - that's what I'm here for! If you like YC, maybe you'll like one of the other variants they've launched! Make sure to check out my other reviews and let me know which one you end up with!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!