Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yankee Candle Fall 2012: Apple Pumpkin

Have you ever eaten an Apple Cinnamon Nutri Grain bar?  If so, then you can perfectly imagine the aroma of the new Apple Pumpkin variant from Yankee Candle's Fall 2012 candle range.  It is an instantly recognizable apple-cinnamon-crumble-y-pie crust scent.  It's pleasant,  but disturbingly 'foody'.  Nutri Grains are definitely tasty, but to be honest, I'm not quite sure I'd want my home smelling of 'em!

With trepidation I wondered, would the foodiness aspect of the fragrance be present in use?  I had to find out, so I hurried to my evaluation area and anxiously lit the candle.

Sadly, the strong notes that are easily perceived in Apple Pumpkin's cold throw are all but missing in the hot throw!  Yes, the disliked foody-Nutri-Grain aspects have disappeared to leave a soft apple-cinnamon scent behind, but the fragrance itself is completely unexciting and boringly status quo.  Where is the pumpkin?  Where is the clove and ginger the website claims is in there?!  What a (wholly unsurprising) bummer that Apple Pumpkin isn't as dynamic as the marketing portrays it to be!

Oh well...despite the disappointment in what Apple Pumpkin could have been, at least it is an overall decent apple-cinnamon scent!

Have you tried this scent?  Do you love it, do you hate it?  Make sure to leave a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I actually love this candle! I usually don't prefer food scented candles but this one reminds me of an autumn festival with fresh baked goodies and colored fall leaves. It may not 'smell' exactly like that but it reminds me of that- which is what i love about it. I definitely wouldn't say it's your basic 'apple' candle- it has some distinctiveness to it. Love your reviews! Keep up the words of wisdom my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the wonderful things about scents is their ability to transport us to places that we love, and that's awesome that Apple Pumpkin does that for you! You're Autumn Festival sounds great - I'll have to see if there is one nearby me when the season changes!
      Glad you like the reviews and thanks for commenting! :-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!