Friday, May 11, 2012

The Body Shop Chocomania Beurre Corporel [Body Butter]


When I was out shopping this week for Chocomania Body Scrub, what do you think I came across?  Why Chocomania Body Butter, of course!  Professed to have 48hours of "feel good hydration" and containing 12 Community Fair Trade Ingredients from around the world - I just had to try it out for myself.


So, how does its scent compare to Chocomania Body Scrub?  When I opened up the packaging it was definitely different.  In fact, in contrast to the scrub, when you open Chocomania Body Butter you are greeted not with a deep brown souffle, but a light peachy-beige cream.  I was surprised that it wasn't richer in color since it is a chocolate variant, but I definitely wasn't put off by its beige-i-ness.  Excited to see if this scent experience was anything like the scrub, I dove in.


When you first smell the body butter its scent is nearly as good as the scrub's.  You definitely get a delicious chocolate cake with indulgent chocolate frosting sensation, but you're not enveloped by it like with the scrub.  Saying that, it is a gorgeously gourmand aroma!


In use the fragrance has dry and slight shea butter aspects, like with the scrub, which keeps you from smelling like a chocolate factory.  In fact, a friend walked in the room and said that the aromas were creamy and perfumistic.  I asked if she smelled any chocolate, she said no.  When I gave her my arm to smell sure enough she confirmed that she could smell the chocolate on my skin, but only when her nose was less than a centimeter from it!


So, there you have it.  Like with the scrub, Chocomania Body Butter has an exquisitely formulated scent which pampers your senses and wraps you in chocolate.  Also, fantastically, it doesn't leave you smelling sickly sweet, but of a sophisticated, warm, dry scent.


In fact, if you're still looking for your Mother's Day gift (you better hurry because there is not much time left!), a Chocomania treat would be the perfect one!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!