Thursday, August 9, 2012

Flanker Alert! Dior Addict Eau (not so) Sensuelle

I'm just going to jump right in and say it: this fragrance is a complete deviation from Dior Addict.  There are no hints of the luscious vanilla or the heady jasmine that so enraptured me in the original juice.  I'm not sure why Dior (other than for pure marketing reasons) attached this scent to the Addict line.  It truly is its own fragrance.  But, enough of my ranting.  Let's get on to the evaluating...

Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle is an extremely soapy-clean fragrance.  It opens with light rose aromas that subtly warm into fresh, light, and clean lilac notes.  They blend together flawlessly with the clean dry down of white musk which defines this scent and gives it a powdery-soapy-clean depth.  It triggers memory cues of Ivory soap... Did I mention this fragrance was clean?

If you read Scents n Scentsibility's post on Dior Addict Eau Fraiche, you'll know there's some confusion regarding these flankers.  Reviewers on Fragrantica overwhelming think Eau Sensuelle is only Addict to Life rebottled.*  Or if it's not Addict to Life they are comparing it to then they say it's a reincarnation of Forever and Ever Dior, which they prefer.

As for me, I'm wondering if this is Dior's take on Estee Lauder's groundbreaking 1996 pure and soapy-clean Pleasures.  And now that just leaves you - what do you think?

Have you tried this scent?  Do you love it, do you hate it?  Make sure to leave a comment below!

*I've never smelled Addict to Life, but the olfactive triangle tells me it is a Floral-Musky-Spicy scent (much different to what I've just smelled in Eau Sensuelle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - leave a comment before you go!